The City Treasurer
The City Treasurer - Iwona Górecka-Sęczek
telephone: (0-91) 327 06 22, fax: (0-91) 327 86 89
The authority of the City Treasurer as the Chief Accounting Officer of the budget
- maintaining the accounts of the unit in accordance with the binding regulations and principles,
- running the financial economy of the unit in accordance with the binding regulations, including the management of cash, ensuring the financial correctness of contracts concluded by the City, observing the rules of cash settlements and the protection of pecuniary values, ensuring the timely collection of debts and pursuing disputes and claims, and the repayment of liabilities.
- performing initial inspections of the compliance of economic and financial operations with the financial plan, through analysing the use of budget or non-budget and other resources under the City’s disposal,
- performing initial inspections of the completeness and reliability of documents regarding economic and financial operations, including exercising functional control, control of the legality of documents regarding the performance of financial plans and amendments to them, the next audit of economic operations being the subject of accounting, and drafting internal regulations concerning maintaining accounts.
Supervision over the following organisational units of the City Hall
- The Budget Office
- The Department of Taxes and Local Fees
- The Department of Accounting
- Independent position for Enforcement Proceedings